Monday, May 13, 2013

My VOTE. my voice of choice.




They say that “Voting is power. Voting makes the difference between complaining about the governmental system or being an active part in its reconstruction. It is the responsibility of every eligible Filipino to vote because collectively we can transform this country.” Voting is really important because we are given a right to choose leaders who will govern and lead us.

This blog is about my first time experience of practicing my right to vote.
May 13, 2013 that was the proposed day of the elections here in the Philippines. And it was in the last week of October when my mother told me that I should register myself to become a voter so that I can practice my right to vote and my mother told me that every vote means a lot because it is a voice of choice. So I prepared my birth certificate and  a valid ID then went to the comelec office here in Lucena to be registered as a voter.


Then the day of elections came and I'm excited to vote even though I'm still not sure of who are the persons that I will vote. We arrived at the school whom we are designated. I'm with my mother and my older sister. We arrived there at about 06:30 am because we know that as time goes by, the place will be more crowded. We first searched for our names, given a number, waited in the waiting room, then we voted. It was not that long till we had the chance to vote. And had an indelible ink in my finger. I was so proud of voting besides that it's my first time, It was really a good experience.


Voting is really important. So we should not waste our right to vote because An individual who decides not to vote gives away his or her right to determine the quality of life he or she will live. So at the next elections. I will not just vote but I will also vote wisely again. :)


 sources: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/voting.html

No comments:

Post a Comment